Sunday, December 6, 2015

Museum Of Moving Images

Before going to the museum of moving images I didn’t think I would enjoy it, but I was wrong. While the museum was perfect for cinema lovers, tv addicts, animation lovers, etc., it was 100% enjoyable to the general audience. I got to relive the golden age of Hollywood, look at some of the most recognizable pieces created by makeup artists, and step back in time and experience costume design through the ages. I also enjoyed playing some of my favorite old retro arcade and video games that brought the nostalgia crushing. The museum truly has something for everyone.

            The specific part that struck out to me was the sound editing demonstration. We first saw one of the very dramatic scenes. Then the guide broke it down for us sound by sound, to demonstrate exactly what amount of work goes into creating movie sounds. Small things like removing the foley helped me realized that it’s far from simple. Without certain dialogue or music the movie would not have the same effect. When I watched the scene in broken layers, I did not feel nearly as emotional as the final scene in the movie. I was honestly stunned at how detailed this job was for a sound creator. The museum gave me a newfound appreciation for the behind the camera work that many don’t realize make a film as great as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment