Wednesday, September 9, 2015


I am a relatively young person living in a media orientated part of the world.  As a result, film and television have been & continue to be hugely influential in many areas of my life. For example growing up, my sense of humor was shaped by Jim Carey movies & Joey from 'friends.' I unknowingly began acting out a lot of my life instead of being present and actually living in the moment. I began to realize that it must be the way most teenagers are living and interacting nowadays. For film and television to have such a powerful effect on people amazes me and leads me to think a lot about what is portrayed versus what is reality.
I got to love to observe the world around me. I took notice to practical people who had a good idea of what their present or reality was. I always took notice people who seemed to live in a fantasy world of their own. I loved hearing people’s real life stories, so it was an easy realization that documentaries were for me.
I am interested in breaking with conventional storytelling devices, in telling stories in non-traditional ways. Specifically, I am interested in juxtaposing the natural with digitally enhanced images to create a sense of the surreal in the real. That plays on the fantasy versus reality issue that first sparked my interest in documentaries. This also emphasizes the uniqueness of the individual's story and draws the viewer into their world.



No comments:

Post a Comment